Lighting design for special events including experiential marketing, pop-up stores, product launches, and corporate conferences.
Combining experience gleaned from 5 years working in NYC theater along with years working in flagship retail and exhibition lighting, James Bedell offers a unique and varied skill set for lighting special events of all kinds including (but not limited to):
- Trade Shows
- Product Launches
- Pop-Up Stores
- Fashion Events
- Early collaborative concepting with the rest of the design and production team. Including renderings, sketches and concept images for client approval.
- Production drawings including lighting plots, instrument schedules and focus charts.
- Coordination of on-site power needs with venue and other vendors.
- Management of competitive bidding process from lighting vendors for rental and production services.
- Coordination of lighting installation and implementation.
- Day of event on site lighting focus, cue writing and adjustments for client approval.
- Review and Post Mortem
Rates for special events are usually one-time design fees and depend on the scale and scope of the project. Additional fees for gear rental, labor, travel and materials often apply.