Lighting Design and Consultation for Architectural Projects
Whether you're an architect looking for a consultation or a business owner looking to reduce energy costs and carbon footprint, my work in high end residential lighting, national retail and special installations gives me the experience to bring creative solutions to your next project. It is my belief that sustainability is a requirement for good lighting design.
Every client and project are different and so every ligthing design is a unique project. I've tried to tailor my services to meet the needs of clients across the spectrum when it comes to architectural lighting design.
The most common method of engagement is through a formal proposal. Typically in this case a description of the project is provided and from there I create a proposal outlining specific services to be provided these typically include:
- Initial survey of space and existing lighting (if applicable)
- Early concepting with architectural design team including sketches, renderings, and preliminary design documentation to expres intent to the rest of the team for approval.
- Formal design documentation including lighting plans, detail drawings, specifications and control documentation of all lighting fixtures, fittings and sources used on the project.
- Sample reviews of all fixtures and sources as required.
- Shop drawing reviews of all specified fixtures prior to ordering by contractor.
- Construction review (punch-list) prior to contractor turn over
- Lighting Focus and aiming and on site documentation
- Design maintenance is provided over the life of the installation as a separate service
A fee is set for these services is included in the project proposal and upon acceptance I go to work.
By Hour Consultation
Sometimes, you might have a single lighting question or small project you'd like a little help with. In these cases, it's not necessary to go through a formal proposal process. For a consultation fee of $100 per hour, I'll provide consultation services for whatever lighting-related project you're working on. This is often a great option for interior designers who need help creating a special lighting effect or need help specifying lighting fixtures for a project.
Special exceptions are possible for certain clients (generally non-profit or other special case).
So whether you're undertaking a major project requiring a large scale lighting design or you just need a small consultation, please feel free to contact me.